Whether you’re a homeowner or a car collector, moving to another place is an exhausting task. Basically, a car owner is faced with two options – take the car during the move or sell it. Some individuals may prefer to sell an old or cheap car to decrease the cost of moving, but if you have a new or luxury car, automobile shipping just may be the best choice.
The following are some key facts that will help you make an informed decision:
1) Keep in mind that once you decide to move your car, you have to consider safety standards. Emissions standards may differ among states or countries, so you have to conduct some research on this aspect. You can check with the country’s motor vehicle department/office for more information regarding the required tests, the cost involved, the tests to pass, registration fees or taxes, and other important things.
2) If you’ve decided to move your car, you will again choose between two options – hiring an automobile shipping company or move it together with your other personal things.
3) Oftentimes, hiring a car transport services company is the best option because these companies specialize in handling cars during a move. You can be sure that your precious investment is in good hands. The car will be picked up at a certain date in your home or at a certain terminal, and it will be delivered to the destination. When hiring an auto transport company, you can choose between the open and enclosed car transport.
4) Most moving companies also offer car transport in their services, so you may be able to negotiate a good package deal to include both household moving and car transportation.
5) The cost of auto transport will usually depend on your car’s model or make, the distance, weight or size, operating condition, hauler services, and insurance coverage. Getting quotes from several reputed packers and movers will allow you to take advantage of the best deals. Shop around, and you will not regret your choice.
6) Internationally, terminal-to-terminal is often considered better than the door-to-door service. While the former works for some people, there are those who prefer the latter in order to save money. As long as you know your needs and you’ve established your budget, you can pick the ideal option that works for you.
Finally, make sure that you do your homework. When looking for an automobile shipping company or moving companies, you have to check on their backgrounds and track record. Pick one that has a good reputation, and is reliable, trustworthy, and offers reasonable price for their services. Choose wisely and you’ll have a stress-free move.